Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Our Little Farm


Well....we don't exactly live on a farm...but we are certainly trying to do the best that we can while living within the city limits! Let me explain...

First of all, welcome to our, or should I say, my blog! I am very excited to be starting this online little journal about the happenings of our little place. There have been several friends of my mine saying that I should give bloggin a try, so along with my husband's encouragement, and the start of our newest project, I thought now would be a good as time as any! My hopes with this blog is to share our projects with you: our 1st garden, the raising of our 1st child, the up-keep and remodling of our home, my attempts at cooking new things, craft projects, and our newest project....the raising of our 3 little chicks! That's right! We have multiplied our little family 0f 3 to 6 in just one day! And I do mean "chicks". Preston and I have decided to give backyard chickens a try. The thought of raising chicks and latter having fresh eggs was so appealing to us that we just had to try it!

In the next blog, I will give a more detailed decription about the decision on getting these hens, along with tips on how to DIY. For those of you who might decide that they want to give chick raising a try....

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear about the "chick adventure!" I didn't think you could have chicks in town. It's great that you can! If you need customers for eggs, we'd be happy to be among the first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so exciting. I'm a total blog follower, and I look forward to following the fun happenings of your little family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So excited for a fun way to keep up with you. I've a blog too, if you'd like to follow: http://lavendernovels.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah! I will have to follow yours!

    ReplyDelete