Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A few of my favorite things....

Time to take a little break from the chicks and share my latest art project. I am a big fan of arts and crafts. It's something I've always had an interest in, but didn't actually think I was good at it. So I stayed away. It's only recently...in my more adult years, and in my quest to decorate our home on a budget, that I have realized that I am fairly good at painting and little crafty projects! I also really like it. The fact that it is a way to release stress is also nice :)



I painted Cate's room last spring and thought that I had finished it up. It was the first room in the house that I actually made curtains for! Which is sad, 1.considering that we have lived in this house for 3 years, and 2. because I am a very capable seamstress! But the walls were looking bare to me and so I thought I should put up all the ballerina pictures I have accumulated over the years. I didn't want to spend a lot on frames though and I wanted them to match her room. Walmart has these great photo frame sets that I was able to purchase for a very reasonable price. Plus if you ship it site to store, you only pay tax and no shipping! It's a great deal really and I use it all the time! Then I went to Hobby Lobby (a must store for any arts and crafter!) and bought a bottle of spray paint and one bottle of blue acrylic paint and one in pink. (I like the brand Folk Art.) It was a very easy project and one that I enjoyed thoroughly. I added some ABC's at the bottom, that I bought from myself through Uppercase Living. I also added a little saying above her door:



And I have to say...I really like the whole room! I can officially say that I am done with her room! Now on to the next room....the basement and bathroom!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah- This blog is so much fun! I've added it to my favorites. Much Zeta Love, Bishop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Courtney! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete