Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fall Time

It's official! Fall is here...and has been for about 10 days, but it is finally starting to feel a little fallish in the weather! Although I would prefer it if it was about 10 degrees cooler! Dance has started again (hence my lack of recent blogs). And life is getting back to a schedule. I wish we could have the lazy days of summer with the cool weather of fall...that would be ideal! Snuggling up with tea and a book and no obligations...hmmm... :)



Yesterday I decided to do a little craft project. (Preston makes fun of me and all of my craft projects I always have going. I think I may have missed my calling. Martha Stewart, are you looking for an intern???)

I took this project out of a Lowe's creative ideas catalog. They purchased bell-shaped glass shades, flame-less candles, and black saucers. I had some old lawn lights that I turned upside down and used. (I love it when the materials for my projects already exist in my home!) I took out the old batteries and washed and dried out the lights. Then I used some black paint and a paint brush and painted on eyes and mouths. And wha la! Five too cute little ghosts to line my porch for Halloween!

I will place them back on their black tops and add a little tea light so that they glow. Now to buy some pumpkins! Happy Fall!



PS. Shout-out to Cousin Erica who is getting married this Saturday! Congratulations and much love! ~The Sniders

1 comment: