Thursday, September 2, 2010

What's for Supper?!

Time for a little segment on food! One of my favorite past times is eating. :) I love food! Especially comfort food....

Here is a quick background on my culinary expertise :)

I grew up doing 4-H and my mom was an ex-home EC teacher....so I learned how to read recipes and correctly measure ingredients; when to use a dry measuring cup versus a liquid, etc. I was a pretty good baker. When I was 14, my mom decided that I should learn how to be a "cook" as well...so that way I could make something other than cookies and bread. So one night a week it became my "job" to cook supper for the family. There was no recipe for how to properly cook German sausage or pot roast. I had to learn what was the correct heat and time needed for all of these home cooked meals I loved. Casseroles were also a big staple at my home...being an economically smart way to stretch the groceries. So I learned what items should always be in the pantry and what items should be pared together and which should not. I am very grateful for these lessons...it has made me a fairly successful cook in the kitchen. Although I am no gourmet chef, like those on Top Chef! I am not afraid to try something new! And I also feel comfortable enough to take recipes as a "suggestion" and often substitute one ingredient for another with no hesitation. With that...I plan to share with you a few of the meals I will be making over the fall. I am all about homemade and quick. So with that, a look at what we had for supper last night...

In honor of all those currently harvesting apples ;)




Brown pork chops in a small amount of oil. Takes about 2 1/2 minutes on each side over medium heat.









Place pork over sliced apples and onions. Drizzle mustard and honey mixture over top.


Bake for one hour in a 325 degree oven.
Bon Appetit!

















2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! My family loves pork chops and apples so I will definitely try this one. Yummy and easy! What more could you ask for? BTW, I have enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Johanna! Hope you all enjoy!

    ReplyDelete